A number of projects have been implemented in the District. Of importance to note are:
- Two new office blocks at Concession Head Office and Christon Bank
- Bridge along Pearson Road to Mazowe High School
- Tsungubvi flea market accommodating 70 vendors
- Refuse dump sites in Glendale
- Rujeko Phase 1 tower light
- Upgrading of Opportunistic Infection (OI) clinic in Glendale now complete
- Layouts produced and allocated for:
- Nzvimbo Township – 250
- Mazowe medium density – 700
- Umzi low density Glendale – 500
- Amandas Extension Concession – 48
- Westville low density Glendale – 858
- Highwood high density Concession – 1 000
- Portlock high density Concession – 120
More layouts are being done for:
- Rockwood low density Concession – 250
- Mazowe low density – 250
- Christon Bank plots – tba
- Sussex medium density in Glendale
- Other projects under construction include:
- Dandamera Polyclinic
- Dandamera public toilet
- Rosa mortuary
- Sandringham Clinic
- Cranham Clinic
- Shingirirayi School
- Kamudhoma School
- Mazowe Rural District Council gave birth to Mvurwi Town Council.
- Successfully attracted investors to invest in Mazowe District e.g.
- Faith Bricks – Glendale
- Parrogate Ginnery – Glendale
- Taal Net Boarding secondary school in Glendale
- Council is currently engaging partners to do solar energy development in Glendale as well as hydro-power development on Mwenje Dam in Glendale.
- Other investors are keen to embark on housing development, tourism, mining, agriculture and education.
- Mount Pleasant Heights Extension housing development
Community Share Ownership Schemes
Mazowe Rural District Council set up its Community Share Ownership Trust two years ago but to date no funds have been realized to start implementing community projects in the District. No programmes or activities were planned for implementation because no workshops were conducted. However, major stakeholder Metallon Gold was engaged and so far they have paid US$10 000.
Council has a waiting list of about 8 000 people in need of housing in the district covering all the townships. Mazowe Township given the current developments taking place there now needs to be given a local board status to ensure the properties there do appreciate in their values. There is need for Council to be allocated more land nearby the existing developments e.g. Yarrowdale, The Junction and Lemon Pool Farms.
There is also need to be allocated some farms near City of Harare, Glendale, Christon Bank and Concession if we are to address housing challenges in the district.
Council has not been able to provide offsite infrastructure so there is need for Council to be given land and partner with property developers. Other farms such as Komani and Farm 1D of Glendale will go a long way in addressing these challenges.
Council was allocated Mandindindi Farm which was repossessed and allocated to A1 settlers within Mandindindi Farm.
Council is not getting enough donors to assist in water and sanitation programmes in the district.